Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Production Support Engineer supports Sunbelt Field Operations and is part of IT production support team providing front line technical support to end users responding to issues related to Problem/Incident Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness, Application Monitoring, Production Governance related issues.
The responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical support and problem resolution for Sunbelt applications under the Applications Operations team.
- Work within a team to achieve the project and department goals and perform work in accordance with company procedures.
- Coordinate and work with multi-functional teams such as IT Operations, Product/Software Engineering, Data Engineering, and ERP. Work closely with Technology Infrastructure Teams, Development & Testing Teams in supporting Integrated / Independent releases, software/hardware upgrades, server upgrades and the like.
- Provides support for triaging problems and coordinating with various support teams across the organization and carryout activities related to incident and problem management.
- Responds to requests and inquiries from users within the pre-determined timeframe of our service level agreement.
- Communicates with line of business and management the overall status and health of the applications.
- Looks for areas of improvement in monitoring, application stability, and speed of determining root cause.
- Performs trouble shooting, analysis, research and resolution using advanced query and programming skills. Conducts root cause analysis.
- Provides real-time restoration and triaging of issues impacting applications.
- Assesses initial severity, gather impacts, creates tickets in Jira, engages necessary support teams, and escalates as necessary to ensure timely restoration.
- Participates in DR and Resiliency.
- Provides 24x7 on call support.
Required Knowledge & Experience:
- 3 to 4 years of cloud and web/mobile application deployment experienced required.
- Experience with web technologies including React, Typescript, HTTP, SSL, REST, JSON, XML. Azure Cloud and Kubernetes/Docker is a plus.
- Strong SQL Server skills, familiarity with C#/.NET stack, IIS, Visual Studio.
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts and ability to troubleshoot complex networking issues.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with ability to isolate the problem to 3rd party systems or internal systems.
- Ability to diagnose/debug issues and identify/fix the program logic or data in a reasonable amount of time.
- Good follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, while also able to handle multiple priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Equipment Rental Industry, Logistics or eCommerce is a plus.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent industry experience.