The Product Platform Engineering - Core Domain team builds solutions to provide Cox Automotive brands’ common capabilities and shared data to revolutionize the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. On this team, you will have the opportunity to do your best work and lead the digital revolution of the auto industry. Our Engineering professionals are energetic influencers and collaboration is woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons to deeply held Agile values, you’ll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individualism, creative problem-solving, and intellect.
Our Software Engineers thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems, and delivering leading edge software products for our customers. We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable collaborating within the Agile methodology as part of a cross-functional team, have experience working in fast-paced environments, and who have the passion and skills to take our product offerings to the next level.
As a Sr. Software Engineer you will be a technical leader in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, while contributing to the engineering efforts of one of our scrum teams. You will be challenged to engineer right-sized solutions for complex business problems. You will apply your knowledge of modern software design, best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability. You will aspire to use new technologies and challenge yourself to develop innovative solutions. You will work alongside developers and technical leads on a team where collaborative programming and mentoring is regularly practiced.
Technologies we use: (If you don’t have experience with some or all of these, tell us why that won’t matter)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Java and/or .NET ecosystems
- AngularJS or ReactJS
- Construct and manage services published to both internal and external consumers.
- Implement platform-level components including eventarchitectures, messaging, and caching solutions.
- Write readable, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Design and implementation of REST APIs, services, system tasks and cloud solutions.
- Enhance performance and reliability of our current solutions.
- Collaborate with team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
- Evangelize new ideas within your team as well as across teams.
- Explore open source or industry standard solutions that could be a fit for the organization.
- Being a passionate and flexible engineer, collaborate with your team to achieve and exceed the goal to build, deploy, monitor and manage a highly performing and highly available production system.
- 5-8years of development experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field (or additional 6 years broad development experience). Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
- Strong Java and/or C#.NET skills (or tell us why starting off without this won’t matter)
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and independently to design, develop and deploy solutions
- Experience in realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Experience designing and implementing applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures
- Strong object-oriented design experience, applied use of design patterns, and MVC technologies such as AngularJS or ReactJS.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services technologies
- Strong understanding of industry development, deployment processes and agile development methodologies desired.
- Knowledge of session management, object relational mapping, XML web services is a plus.
- Experience with SiteMinder, PingFederate or Cognito is a plus.
- Experience with DataPower is a plus.