What you'll do:
Do you like solving problems and are you passionate about delivering software solutions to meet business needs?
U.S Insurance Solutions IT is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join their team that provides impactful service to our Life Insurance policy individual customers as well as business market clients. In this role, you will work to provide the best experience for those clients through innovative technology platforms. Additionally, you will partner with other IT teams in Life and across the enterprise to define and deliver new capabilities that ensure a quality customer experience.
As a member of the team you will share responsibilities in:
- Participate and foster an atmosphere of innovation and experimentation
- Work in an agile/lean and DevOps environment with a focus on product development
- Work with end users and product owners to define emerging business needs
- Strive for customer focus through high collaboration with our business, vendors, and teams all with diverse perspectives
- Provide mentorship and informal leadership to team members
What you'll get from us:
- Competitive pay, benefits, perks and more. We’ll reward you for the skills and experience you have. Find out more.
- Respect for your unique perspective. Diversity, inclusion and empowerment are at the core of our culture.
- A career, not just a job. Principal is a place where you can learn and innovate. Do important work. Make an impact. And achieve your professional goals.
- The ability to have a great job and a great life. Sure, work is important. But so is your family. And your friends. And your community. That’s why we provide the flexibility needed to find the right balance between your job and the rest of your life.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree with a preference in a science, technology, engineering, or math related field or equivalent work experience (6 years of experience equates to an Associate’s degree when defining “equivalent work experience”)
- 6+ years of professional object oriented software development experience
Additional preferred technical experience:
- Design and Development experience with DevOps tooling, Rest-based services, APIs, and Domain Driven Design
- Experience with development and deployment tools like Github, CircleCI, Jenkins, Terraform, and concepts around CI/CD
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS/GCP)
Willing to consider applicants at multiple job levels.