What We're Looking For
Engineering at 2U is scaling, innovative and full of individuals who are passionate about the delivery of higher education through technology. We are growing rapidly and seeking collaborative, results-driven Software Engineers to join us. You'll get to work in a fast-paced and fun environment where your skills, creativity and experience will make a material impact on the success and overall mission of 2U.
Our teams are collaborative, cross-functional, self-organizing, and autonomous. And you'll be working directly with product managers, business analysts and your peers in a highly collaborative manner.
About the Team and the Role
In short, our Post-Enrollment Tech team builds the tools that are integrated with our homegrown and external systems.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about software craftsmanship. You have experience in, and passion for, high-quality, maintainable code that confers low operating costs, high change velocity and is a point of professional pride for you and the team.
You are a competent maker with the following competencies:
- Writing maintainable high-performance code
- Refactoring to keep code maintainable
- Conducting exploratory and automated testing
- Debugging complex problems under time constraints
You have experience in:
- Relating your project deliverables to products you are building and strategy behind them
- Advocating for end user needs in software you are building
- Collaborating with product managers to define and refine requirements
Over time, we expect you to grow by learning and practicing the following skills:
- Providing technical guidance and feedback to other team-members
- Planning and estimating development tasks and short-term projects
- Running deployment software to put code on production
- Participating in application level technical design
- Participating in technical interviews
Our Tech Stack:
- Python + Celery
- Salesforce, Apex
- JSON API Spec
- Relational databases (like PostgreSQL)
- Key Value stores (like Redis)
- AWS API Gateway, Lambda, RDS, ElastiCache