As a member of the Platform/OS software group at Palo Alto Networks, you will participate in the design and development of our next-generation firewall platforms. Responsibilities will include new hardware bring-up, drivers, mentoring other engineers, and definition and development of system software to provide a consistent environment for feature development.
As a platform engineer, you will be expected to participate in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation and test. This includes developing functional specifications, assessing task requirements and scheduling, and participating in system level bring-up, debug, and support.
- Expert level C coding skills.
- New hardware bring-up experience
- Strong scripting skills with bash and python
- Ability to work well with a group of senior engineers in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Familiarity with x86 and MIPS architecture are pluses
- Experience developing device drivers and/or Linux kernel development
- Candidate should have an interest in hardware, system software, networking, and have experience with embedded software and/or low-level linux kernel software development
- Experience with networking hardware and familiarity with physical networking technologies and hardware bus protocols
- Experience with build systems and tools such as gmake, autoconf, rpm, and cross compile environments
- Experience with coding for multiple build target architectures
- Minimum 5 years of related programming experiencerequired
- B.S./M.S. degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent