We're looking for a versatile server engineer to develop 24x7 distributed systems and services for automated energy efficiency. The successful candidate will contribute at all levels: designing product, implementing production code, coordinating with other engineers, and monitoring daily operation. Deep intuition for scalability, fault tolerance, system stability, modularity, and clean code are essential. Communication skills to align the team and avoid dropped balls are essential.
You will develop distributed platforms that runs our energy saving algorithms in homes nationwide. Your results will be discussed at all levels in the company and will directly inform our product roadmap.
- 7+ years of experience building large-scale, distributed, production/operational SaaS applications in Java or equivalent
- Core contributions to highly successful products with major architectural innovations
- Meticulous, detail-oriented habits that can meet stringent SLA business requirements
- Provide robust integration of 3rd party providers that augment our solution
- Incorporate outsourced work efficiently, and ensure it works reliably
- Excellent understanding of Agile development/QA/release process for complex use cases
- Rapid troubleshooting of issues and monitoring production deployments
- Create, maintain, and tune AWS/EC2, Storm, Kafka, JBOSS, J2EE, Hadoop, and Hive applications
- SQL and DB schema optimization
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Competitive compensation.and benefits
- Side projects or Open Source contributions a plus.