$80K — $100K *
PharmScript is one of the nation’s leading pharmacies, partnering with long-term and post- acute care facilities to supply medications to thousands of residents and patients. When you join the PharmScript family, you join the ranks of more than 1,700 dedicated people across the country who help to get safe, accurate, and timely medication to those who need it most.
We’re looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join our PharmScript team within our Information Technology department. As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will write and configure code for new and upgraded solutions in accordance with technical specifications. Some of your responsibilities will include to analyze, design, code, debug, test and modify new software or enhancements while considering software abilities; create strategic technical designs for small scope projects within team; and provide high-level architecture guidance and develop specifications to resolve software problems. You will also be responsible to consult with stakeholders on current functionality and complexity of adding features; estimate effort for current and future projects of small to large scope; and debug complicated issues that span multiple modules, involve complex concurrency or low-level problems
The ideal candidate is a people person who enjoys troubleshooting and resolving problems and is dedicated to helping customers. For you, no task feels too small and no challenge impossible. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
• Assume responsibility for the development, maintenance, testing and support of internal software applications
• Follow industry and company best practices of design and development
• Provide support to other team members as required
• Develop and maintain strategy, architecture, models, road maps and policies for high performance cloud software solution, including choice of software frameworks, tools, technology and vendor solutions
• Collaborates with internal and external strategic technology partners to develop joint product strategies and plans; oversees implementation and monitors results
• Drive the channel, product or platform strategy reflecting competitive and technology trends and business needs across products and/or platform
• Creates and/or manages the innovation funnel/roadmap for products that deliver against the objectives and strategies. Incorporates innovation into daily execution
• May lead Product, Engineering and Design teams to meet and achieve PharmScript’s vision and the business objectives
• Manage multiple products at the same time; consistently making progress and achieve results
• Present and lead conversations about projects, issues, solutions, and strategy to Director and C level leaders
• Own annual goals, objectives and budgets for key products – building discipline around tracking progress, getting customer feedback, and iterating to improve in market performance
• Lead pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas and make the appropriate recommendations
• Ensure that development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues
• Review and analyze existing application effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems
• Acquisition & Deployment:
• Manages and enforces that the development team follows all the development processes including coding standards, code reviews, etc. 90% of time.
• Follows processes 100% of the time. Enforces the development team compliance 90% of the time:
• TFS story/task management:
• Source Control: Manages branch strategies as required
• Continuous Integration/Delivery: Oversees the deployment of code throughout the development lifecycle along with any key technical documentation.
• Automated Testing: Provide coverage testing in critical operations web applications.
• SCRUM/Kanban process * Delivers clear, detailed and understandable technical documentation as requested. Reviews and assures the quality of team projects.
• Facilitates cross-functional team communication and meetings to ensure the team meets or exceeds expectations. Serves as liaison between development staff and other areas.
• Trains new and existent team members and ensures continues improvement.
• Manage the development and deployment of new applications, systems software, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise
• Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts
• Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings
• Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
• Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications
• Operational Management:
• Identify and resolve program errors.
• Provide technical leadership to project managers and programmers working on development project teams
• Design, develop, and install enhancements and upgrades to systems and application software
• Liaise with network administrators and software engineers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing
• Cultivate, disseminate, and enforce functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a closely related field (or 2+ years equivalent experience) preferred
Skills and Abilities:
• C# .Net Core
• Microservices Pattern
• Microsoft Service Fabric or Docker/Kubernetes
• Microsoft Azure
• Queueing Systems
• NoSQL Document Databases
• Experience with Visual Studio Team Foundation System.
• Experience with automation testing and software development.
• Experience testing web applications and quality control.
• Experience creating complex SQL Server TSQL scripts & stored procedures.
• Ability to prioritize, organize, self-manage, and successfully balance multiple tasks and request to meet project deadlines.
• Must be detail-oriented and well organized; excellent written, listening, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Degree in Computer Science (or similar technical field) and 7+ relevant work experience
• Expert knowledge of:
• Entity Framework, MVC
• Strong customer-service orientation and a professionalism
• Excellent documentation skills
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed
• Excellent communication skills
• Advanced managerial experience
• A passion for technology and digital transformation
• An innovative mind that is creative and doesn’t follow cookie cutter ideas
• Deep technical understanding of cloud software solutions and high-performance multi-tier applications
• Experience in the architecture of metadata-driven systems
• Experience with modern development methodologies, such as Agile / DevOps
• Experience with clinical research systems a definite plus
• Experience with regulated software development a definite plus
• Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions
• Direct, hands-on experience with automated software tools.
• Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
• Strong knowledge and skills with MS SQL Server, Visual Studio, Transact-SQL, MS Office 2016 or later, and Infragistics
• Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc
• Knowledge of database design and file management techniques.
• Working knowledge of Windows networks and Windows operating systems.
• Knowledge of network security hardware, protocols, and standards
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
• Knowledge of Software Modeling Tools such as Visio, Workflow BPR, Erwin
• Ability to communicate with and interpret operational requirements of end users
Valid through: 12/17/2020