Rapiscan Systems is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints to help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration, and trade fraud.
We offer a broad array of scanning system configurations that leverage low-, medium-, and high-energy X-ray technology—or multiple X-ray technologies—to address each customer’s unique security application requirements.
Our commitment to excellence in imaging performance, innovative design, and uncompromising quality ensures our solutions consistently deliver best-in-class imaging, high reliability, and operator satisfaction, to help customers find threats and contraband with ease and confidence.
Our Science and Technology team is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who is motivated, creative, and thoughtful to join a new team to change the way the world interacts with security screening systems. You will be working from ground up on our next generation software from grasp the concepts, implementation to integration and deployment.
- Create and build applications from the ground up.
- Evaluate and analysis requirements and operational problems.
- Design and implement scalable software framework.
- Deliver high quality code.
- Integrate and deploy the software to a variety systems.
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices.
- Uphold the Company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of every Rapiscan Systems employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in C++ software development on Windows and/or Linux.
- Advanced competency in C++ version 11 and above.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and JIRA.
- Experience with Google Test.
- Demonstrated database knowledge of SQL.
- Passion for good API design.
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm for problem solving.
- Knowledge of multiple development languages is a huge plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.