Sr. Software Engineer
• Been the victim of credit card fraud and thought, “Vengeance!” Yeah, we get it.
• Want to feel your spine tingle by thwarting credit card fraudsters across the globe?
• Interested in creating “That’s the stuff!” software for combating scammers?
The Security Services team develops new capabilities for Mastercard's fraud prevention platform. We protect cardholders / card issuers and aim to utterly eradicate credit card fraud. Our industry-leading bastion of defense processes billions of transactions per month with execution times literally 10X faster than you can blink. The Senior Software Engineer will play a critical role in creating new product functionality within this platform including world-class backend and consumer-facing features.
• Possess the aptitude to quickly learn and contribute to our complex platform.
• Provide technical expertise to ensure effective delivery of software capabilities.
• Contribute to the planning and development of software solutions.
• Perform code reviews of co-worker’s deliverables to ensure best practices.
• Provide technical guidance to junior team members.
All About You
• Considerate, polite, fun-loving, collaborative (cf. “Bob Sutton, 2007”).
• Advanced organizational and communication skills: both verbal and written.
• Advanced in Java development, design patterns, threading, unit testing, debugging.
• Mid-level experience employing agile development strategies and ceremonies.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or equivalent degree / work experience.