Sr. Software Engineer, Node.js
Software Engineering | Los Gatos
Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
Sr Software Engineer, Infrastructure
The Role and Responsibilities
If you love working with stellar teams on problems at scale, enjoy automation and find yourself thinking about how to achieve top-notch quality and improving efficiency often: Read on, and get your resume to us right away! Roku is the creator of a popular streaming platform for delivering entertainment to the TV. With over 10 million players sold across countries, over 2000 streaming channels and more than 3 billion hours watched over the platform, building a high scale dynamic billing platform supporting fast international growth is a core element of our success.
The cloud technology team is looking for a nodejs software engineer to join the team developing backend services for new projects. Preference is given to engineers who have a wide experience in server side development of scalable solutions, with a high degree of automation in testing and ci/cd.
What you will do and who you are:
- Design and develop software components for high availability and high performance cloud solutions.
- You like working across teams, pulling in the best talent from the organization to achieve goals
- You contribute with new ideas, and evaluate multiple solutions with your peers before settling down on specific solutions
- You have a background in computer science, with several years of hands-on development, while at the same time having coordinated and orchestrated efforts, either as a team lead, team manager, or architect.
- You are self-driven, willing and able to take complete ownership of initiatives and make pragmatic technical decisions. You are constantly looking for ways to improve and automate your efforts.
We expect you to come with;
- 8+ years experience in software development
- Having done work in multiple languages, using multiple software stacks
- Expert in Nodejs -- working knowledge in Java, and Python
- Proficient math skills
- Proficient in Linux, and Linux tools
- A stickler for automation, unit testing, regression testing, load testing and anything that improves the quality of the code.
- Have a good working knowledge of AWS