We’re looking for a highly technical and detail-oriented Automation Engineer to take a lead role developing test automation suites for delivery platforms. You'll collaborate with multiple scrum teams as a testing automation expert, helping to automate our software delivery pipelines. Previous experience working on a DevOps minded team, automating repetitive tasks is highly desired.
- Architect automated solutions and generate automated tests for APIs, backend services, and other transactions
- Research, assess and facilitate the adoption of new tools and technologies
- Write and automate execution of repeatable tests for a global enterprise-grade platform
- Generate test execution reports for technical and business teams
- Estimate testing efforts in a dynamic environment as part of a cross-functional team
- Contribute to best practices for testing, release, and sprint planning activities
- Understand and Interpret functional and technical requirements into test scenarios, ensuring acceptance criteria and client commitments are validated
- Plan and execute ad-hoc manual testing of end to end product features and user stories
- Analyze test results and make appropriate revisions to continuously improve on code quality and application test coverage
- Contribute to best practices for testing, software release, and sprint planning activities
- Facilitating automated build/deployment/validation for multiple environments according to established policies and quality standards
- Converting manual functional and regression scripts to data-driven automated scripts
- Work within scrum team to investigate and troubleshoot application incidents and internal defects, and improving the test model to proactively prevent future incidents
- Use Agile methodologies with a globally dispersed team.
- Deliver tools training to technical staff and acts as an internal automation consultant to advise business and technical teams
- 5 years of QA automation experience
- Advanced knowledge of multiple testing tools and methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of Continuous integration process/tools
- Experience with database management systems
- Solid understanding of computer programming and software development principles
- Heavy Unix, Cloud, Hadoop and SQL background.
- Ansible, Shell Scripting, Java and Selenium skill-set.
- Worked in DevOps environment.
- Familiar with Agile methodology.
- 8+ years of IT experience
- Experience working with restful services
- Experience working with micro services
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure
- Experience working with Linux
- Experience working with big data frameworks (Spark, HDFS, Kafka)
- Bachelors in a computer science related field or equivalent experience
Sr. Software Engineer - 8576