The Channels team develops solutions that power omnichannel communications to the NICE inContact platform. Formed in 2016, the team is working aggressively to transform our platform by moving out of the managed data center and into the public cloud. We have a core team of talented, innovative, and forward-thinking software engineers and we’re looking to add an experienced AWS engineer to the mix.
What we’re looking for in a Senior Software Engineer
We’re looking for a technical leader and architect that has proven experience finding simple and sustainable solutions to complex problems. Ability to work within an Agile/Scrum methodology to own and continuously deliver cloud-native software that is responsive, scalable, testable, automated, and sustainably managed. We are looking for engineers who are pragmatic and objective in their selection and use of technology frameworks and languages (i.e. best tool for the job. Finally, as a Senior Engineer, we want experts who are also teachers, mentors, and trusted advisors, always willing to share your insight in technology trends, patterns, and best practices.
Your expertise in microservices and AWS will help us design and deliver cutting-edge omnichannel services that will truly transform the landscape of the NICE inContact platform. In this role, your time will be balanced between writing awesome code, leading design efforts for the Channels team, assisting other software engineers, and working with external development teams. As the team’s architect, you’ll be the primary point of contact to the company’s Chief Architect and work to ensure a complete and sustainable software release that meets high quality standards while following NICE inContact’s architectural strategy.
- 6+ years experience in software development
- Practiced and perfected understanding of microservices architecture
- Credible experience in the public cloud; AWS strongly preferred
- Experience with node.js, C#, Java
- DevOps experience with the ability to make CI and CD a reality
- Maximize the benefits of logging, monitoring, error tracking, and alerting
- Meaningful experience with messaging/distributed logs
- Passion for quality software, including testability, automation, and test code coverage
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and the desire to evangelize the team’s architectural direction
- Working knowledge of chat, SMS/MMS, and social media messaging infrastructure providers
- RESTful service design, documentation, and implementation experience
- NoSQL database modeling and design in a public cloud environment
- Leverage a successful balance between security, access control, and auditing capabilities in the public cloud; AWS IAM, AWS Config, and AWS key management preferred
- Serverless computing experience; AWS Lambda preferred
- Experience with caching solutions and patterns with technologies like Memcached, Hazelcast, or Redis
- Experience with AWS services, including:
- API Gateway