Meijer is currently seeking an experienced Software Engineer – Native Android development. This position develops, tests, maintains and enhances mobile business applications in large scale retail organization. As a Mobile Developer of an Agile development team, you will work with the entire Scrum team to ensure development conforms to acceptance criteria. The Software Engineer – Native Android will work with business product owners, developers, and quality analysts to drive value delivery and will participate in all phases of Agile software development.
- Performs unit tests, monitors results, and takes required corrective actions as needed.
- Assists in the deployment of applications.
- Optimizes and enhances applications and interfaces to meet SLA/functional requirements.(Strong knowledge of native Android development using Kotlin and Java, Android Studio development tool, coding and scripting languages, and testing.)
- Provides technical consultation in new systems development, new package system evaluations, and enhancement of existing systems.
- Assists product owners in systems analysis and creation of documentation for all business processes.
- Interfaces with the Product Owner and IT partners to develop acceptance criteria for features and user stories and ensures acceptance criteria are met.
- Works within the SAFe Agile framework.
- Participates with other IT members, customers and other stakeholders in new product reviews, tests and pilots.
- Performs feasibility studies/proofs of concept to evaluate solutions.
- Participates in structured walkthroughs, secure coding, and technical reviews ensuring application coding and design follows secure coding and design principles.
- Assists in the production support and maintenance of applications as needed.
- Actively participates in all team Agile ceremonies.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience and technical training is required.
- Any SAFe certifications (SSM, SASM, SA, SPC, SPMPO) preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in systems development and programming.
- Minimum of 5 years of Android Development experience desired for this level of position.
- Familiarity with large enterprise business systems.
- Experience as a team member on project teams in a cross-functional environment. Experience on Agile teams is preferred.
- Experience in design and implementation of IT solutions.
- Strong knowledge of native Android development using Kotlin and Java, Android Studio development tool, coding and scripting languages, and testing.
- Proficient in source code management such as Git.
- Knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and technical design techniques.
- Familiarity of database management and file access methods.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of agile practices in a cross-functional environment required.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Ability to provide high level of quality and productivity.