Develop and support real-time software messaging applications and engineering duties for Wabtec, a leading supplier of technology based products and services for the rail and transit industries. This position has an opening for a dynamic, result-oriented Senior Software Engineer with a positive attitude to getting the job done. The individual will be assigned to the Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) team to support and develop new functionality for the Train Management Dispatching System (TMDS) product.
• Design Middleware solutions to support existing distribution applications messaging.
• Design, Code, maintain and document the middleware solution and Interface control documents (ICDs).
• Develop communication libraries for the applications to interface with the middleware.
• Support the full messaging stack and maintain message construction and parsing libraries.
• Develop services to support the messaging and middleware solution.
• Participate in requirements and design workshops with internal team and client teams.
• Participate in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring and documenting software as per WRE policies and procedures.
• Apply generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation.
• Working independently or with a team to develop solutions that meet project requirement within the program schedule and budget constraints.
• Make independent technical contributions in-support of program objectives, as well as interacting with other software and systems engineers and customers.
• Mentor junior level software engineers, be the interface and provide technical guidance to geographically distributed software teams
• Support Production issues and bug fixes.
Education, Experience and Knowledge Required:
• B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics.
• Experience and understanding of the operational interworking’s of computer information systems and database management systems used to support complex n—tiered systems.
• Would be desirable but not mandatory that candidate has knowledge of railroad system operations.