- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
- 8+ years of development experiencepreferred
What We Look For:
- Experience designing and implementing applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and independently to design, develop and deploy solutions.
- Strong Java skills and object-oriented design experience, including working knowledge of the Java web technology platform, applied use of design patterns, and MVC technologies.
- Strong understanding of industry development and deployment processes.
- Experience with Spring, Amazon Web Services, and agile development methodologies desired.
Dealer.com, a Cox Automotive brand, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer, with web-based application experience to join our Media Core Platform team in Burlington, VT.Who We Are + What We Do:At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take a leading role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our architects are energetic influencers that build world-class solutions that benefit the auto buying public, dealers and manufacturers. Collaboration is woven into the fabric of everything we do. At Cox Automotive, you’ll be immersed in an environment that values your teamwork and collaborative problem-solving skills while still nurturing your individualism.Job Summary:Our Software Engineers are energetic influencers who thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems, and delivering leading edge software products for our customers. We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable collaborating within the Agile methodology as part of a cross-functional team, have experience working in fast-paced environments, and who have the passion and skills to take our product offerings to the next level.As a Senior Software Engineer you will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, while contributing to the engineering efforts of one of our scrum teams. You will be challenged to engineer right-sized solutions for complex business problems. You will apply your knowledge of modern software design, best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability. You will use new technologies and challenge yourself to develop innovative solutions. You will work alongside developers and technical leads on a team where collaborative programming and mentoring is regularly practiced.Technologies we use:
- Write readable, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Design and develop new solutions.
- Enhance performance and reliability of our current solutions.
- Lead and participate in the development of new industry-leading products, with proven advanced technologies
- Explore open source or industry standard solutions that could be a fit for the organization.
- Contribute to open source projects that our organization uses.
- Collaborate with your stakeholders (aka Developers in our organization) to identify needs and collaborate with them to build and support our solutions.
- Collaborate with developerscrum team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
- Context and understanding is everything for a developer! Proficiency in subject matter is expected and encouraged.