$80K — $100K *
Brand: Industrial Automation
Company: Matthews International Corporation
Line of Business: Fulfillment
Location: Cincinnati, OH, US, 45227
The Sr Software Engineer is responsible for designing and developing server programs for distribution center management. Understands equipment, business and customer requirements that drive the design of the technical solutions. Participates in all phases of product development lifecycle, including the analysis, design, database designs, installation support, systems/software installation debugging, and support of other complimentary engineering staff associated with software engineering. Resolves site requirement changes, and support solutions to complete designed equipment installation.
• Supports project level technical management functions including the following but not limited to the below:
o System functional definition
o Defining server program development/deployment schedules and management of the schedules to completion.
o Server application to other systems (PLCs/WMS, etc.) interface communication specifications
o Assisting in defining test scenarios, network and other customer requirements and server and other hardware sizing.
o Coordinating with overall project management (manager).
o Coordinating with software engineering group to insure proper system performance occurs
o Anything else needed to insure proper and successful project execution
• Supports internal efforts to develop standard PLC software modules.
• Mentors both controls and software engineers for both technical and interpersonal skills with customers and internal personnel.
• Participates with department manager to insure department goals are being meet and guide department personnel to meet the goals set by department manager
• Additional duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• 4+ years progressive Software Engineering experience required
• Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
• High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
• Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
• Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
• Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
• Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; talk, hear and see.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment may be high.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Matthews Marking Systems is a global supplier of printing solutions for product identification, branding, and traceability. We offer robust and reliable systems of unmatched quality for marking needs across packaging and industrial applications, including a full line of high-resolution inkjet, laser, and drop-on-demand valve jet technologies, high-performance inks, and integrated solutions for marking and coding automation. With over 160 years of marking and coding experience, we’ve established a global reputation as a premier innovator and manufacturer in the marking and coding industry. Matthews Marking Systems is a Matthews International company.
Valid through: 10/26/2020