MarketDial is changing the retail industry by allowing our partners to easily design statistically rigorous in-store tests and make critical decisions based on the results. We work with top management consulting firms and retail industry analytics leaders to bring the most comprehensive solutions to our clients. The MarketDial platform combines sophisticated data analysis and visualization with an intuitive web-based interface.
As a member of the MarketDial engineering team, you'll collaborate with a small, high-impact team of data scientists and engineers to continuously deliver improvements to our platform. This includes extending our backend analytics jobs, data APIs, and web-based tools to allow a technical user-base to easily ask questions of large datasets (billions of transactions) and visualize the results in a clear, intuitive, and interactive way.
- Build analytics tools and APIs that process customer data and provide timely results to our frontend applications.
- Work closely with design, product, and operations to own our backend data systems through their entire lifecycle.
- Strong Python and SQL/relational database skills.
- Experience with cloud-native infrastructure and tools (Linux, Docker, Kubernetes).
- A DevOps mindset for continuously delivering value in a collaborative team. Comfortable with Git/Github processes, code review, and CI/CD build automation.
- Automated unit, integration, data quality testing experience.
- Passion for software craftsmanship and clean code.
- A love of continuous learning, improvement, and delivery.
Nice to have:
- Python web and data library experience (e.g. Flask, FastAPI, Sanic, NumPy, pandas, etc.)
- Google Cloud Platform experience (GKE, Dataflow, BigQuery, Cloud Storage, PubSub).
- Experience with statically-typed languages, especially those relevant to data engineering (Scala/Kotlin/Java, Rust, Go).
- Cloud data pipeline tools experience (Apache Beam, Scio, Spark, etc).
- Statistics and machine learning experience.