We are seeking a software engineer that wants to join to our fast-paced and cohesive team in pursuit of Illumina’s mission and values. Our passion is making the software that aids in manufacture of Illumina products that are being used to find breakthroughs in human health and agriculture. You will work collaboratively with the talented chemists, bioinformaticians, industrial engineers and business people that make Illumina a global leader in genomics.
Product owners will look to you to provide custom software solutions that draw on your ingenuity as a software engineer. You will have the opportunity to work in many software functional areas such as business integrations, robot APIs, manufacturing workflows, quality control, and bioinformatic processing. This position will constantly expand your technical skill set and develop your potential for advancement.
- Excellent skills with object-oriented programming in either C# or Java, ideally both.
- Expert in complex SQL queries and relational database modeling.
- Proficient in source control, build and CI/CD practices and tools (i.e. GIT, Maven and TeamCity).
- At least 5 years experience.
Desirable Technical Experience
- .NET Core (esp. on Linux)
- Java EE and Swing
- Skilled in concurrency and memory management
- XML technologies (esp. XSLT and XSD)
- Unit testing using mock objects
- Containerization (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift)
- AWS Cloud (i.e. S3 and EC2)
- Clustered computing (esp. Oracle HPC GridEngine)
- Agile development methodologies (i.e. Scrum and Kanban)
- Software documentation and FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliance
- LIMS (esp. LabVantage and custom)
- Experience with performance tuning
- Experience with RESTful service architectures
- B.S. Computer Science or Natural Sciences
- Software certifications and technical training is a plus.