Lumeris is seeking a Full Stack Developer to join a team of Software Engineers working on the Cloud Analytics Platform (CAP). This individual will be responsible for developing a wide variety of software solutions in a cloud hosted microservices environment. Development will include solutions built for internal and external customer use and will cover the full stack of solution design and build. Solutions can have components built for data analytics, business process automation, and frontend presentation and user interaction. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and working on development teams responsible for the intake of new requirements from the business and quickly building working software that delivers business value. This position is an active development role where the candidate will spend a majority of their time writing code and deploying to production systems.
In this position the candidate will be working with the latest AWS technologies and will have freedom to explore new creative ways to solve problems using new tools and concepts. Solutions that are developed will be critical to running operations and providing services for a Health Plan committed to delivering the highest quality of healthcare to hundreds of thousands of members. Ideal candidates will be engineers that have solid fundamentals and the desire to learn and solve problems. All candidates must have experience deploying their own code and have the ability to test it. The goal is to move into the serverless technology area.Job Description:
- Participate with team to work with product owner to refine backlog stories and requirements and plan stories for upcoming sprints.
- Work with development team to design architectures and choose tools and methods to build applications that meet the product requirements
- Participate in an agile development sprint choosing tasks from the backlog and build working code that meets the acceptance criteria.
- Insure that all code meets the team requirements for testability and performance.
- Insure that all code is deployed into the full application through the CI/CD build process
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Comprehensive understanding of current application architecture and enterprise architecture patterns
- Self-starter that has a drive to learn new technologies and lead a team to adoption of new technologies
- Ability to provide examples that demonstrate advanced problem-solving skills in a software development environment
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of open source development tools and methodologies and has current knowledge of recent industry trends
- Demonstrated history of full end to end application develop including InfraCode, CI/CD pipelines, Unit and Integration testing patterns, and comprehensive documentation
Must be able to provide examples of:
- Experience with major cloud platforms such as AWS and serverless application design patterns
- Experience with a Relational Database such as Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer
- Experience with a non-relational data store such as MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience with RESTful services and JSON
- Experience working with Git or a Git variant such as Bitbucket
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
- Experience with test driven development tools
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experienced in all phases of software development
- Ability to write clean, self-documented code
- Troubleshoot problems with applications and services
*Candidates will be asked to provide their GitHub information during the interview process.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in normal office working conditions.
- The job description describes the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. The physical activities, demands and working conditions represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties and responsibilities.