COMPASS is seeking experienced software developers for several new and exciting programs in the product line. We're seeking engineering professionals like you who are passionate about their craft, dedicated to product quality and focused on our customer’s mission.
COMPASS is looking for software engineers to design and craft creative solutions for mission planning systems that will be responsible for performing command and control of the next generation of Lockheed Martin satellite systems.
You will serve as a software developer on a team chartered with setting up an open architecture infrastructure and developing modern JAVA services and state of the art web user interfaces to meet mission needs. Our developers are uniquely empowered to sign up for tasks that interest them and have an opportunity to demo their work to partners up to every two weeks. You should have a background in software architecture/design/development in a cloud computing environment, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or OpenStack. Experience with database architecture (including relational and NoSQL databases), RESTful services, and publish/subscribe style messaging is also desired.
You will be joining a high performing team. You will demonstrate effective interpersonal skills, desire challenges and be willing to engage in frequent internal interactions with peers, teammates, and customers. To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Experience with Software Engineering
• You should be eligible to obtain access to classified USG information or already hold clearances
• Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
• Validated experience working in Agile teams using Scrum, Kanban or other methodologies and/or understanding of Agile development concepts
• Understanding / proficiency in application containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
• Experience designing microservice-based architectures
• Experience in JAVA Service deployment
• Experience with test automation and continuous integration and deployment
• Experience with Open Architecture standards (e.g., OMS, UCI, etc.)
• Experience with relational and/or NoSQL databases
• Validated effective teaming skills (co-located and virtual)
• Experience developing applications on multiple platforms, e.g. Windows, Linux, OS X, etc.
• Strong background developing /debugging and/or testing of web applications and web services