Through our publishers, Sovrn Holdings reaches over 200 million people every day, generating over 10 billion HTTP requests daily. These requests must be processed in less than 250 milliseconds, and result in several petabytes of data on a monthly basis. The exciting technical problems we solve require a world class team and engineering culture to deliver against our mission.
As a Senior Software Engineer on Sovrn’s Publisher Experience team you will work on a small autonomous team in an agile environment. You will be responsible for implementing logic that leverages the collective data to improve the performance of Sovrn’s publisher products. We exist in open market conditions so time to market and value add are key differentiators. The fast paced and complex industry coupled with tight code SLAs require our applications to push the boundaries of performance and scalability. You will play a key role in defining and implementing our next generation stack.
- 7+ years' software development experience
- 7+ professional experience developing web services or applications
- A solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and system design
- Excel in a fast paced agile development environment
- Proficient with persistence stores: Relational, NoSQL, etc...
- Ability to lead a team of junior and experienced engineers to a common technical goal
- Advertising industry experience
- Demonstrable commitment to automation and CI/CD
- Experience both consuming and producing REST APIs
- Experience with monitoring for highly observable code: StatsD, Graphite, etc…
- Proficiency using modern web development technologies and techniques such as HTML5, CSS, web components
- Experience with multi-threaded, parallel processing
- Development experience on Linux/POSIX platforms
- Experience working with containers