Perform system design, development, integration, test, and documentation duties to ensure proper operation of hardware and software platforms.
• Perform analysis of candidate architecture implementations
• Define and develop interfaces
• Prototype and optimize hardware components
• Expected to participate in developer led integration of software baselines.
• Motivated, independent worker to fit on a small problem solving team
• Lead hardware discussions and collaboration efforts with other hardware teams and organizations
• Adhere to accepted standards for development, including writing unit tests, participating in peer reviews, conducting design reviews, and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code.
Specific duties include:
• Interface with sub-system software and systems engineers; responsible for gathering user requirements, assisting with implementation, and support to system integration & test
• Programming to include new development, bug fixes, and enhancements, as well as installation, monitoring and configuration programs and scripts
• Software testing, installation, configuration and upgrading
• Perform coding and unit test of new system components as they are defined
• Documentation of all software developed; documentation to include application and interface documentation, Version Description Documents (VDD), User’s Manuals, and Trouble Shooting guides
• 20 years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience as a Software Developer using OO techniques and Java
• Developing middleware or presentation layer software is a strong plus
• Minimum 10 years’ in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity as a Software Engineer supporting software architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation.
• 7 years’ experience with JAVA and technical experience
• Minimum of 3 years experience developing REST services
• Minimum of 3 years experience using Spring/SpringBoot
• Experience with Jenkins, Gradle, Maven and/or Git
• Experience with Machine Shop
• Maintains and promotes a DEVOPS culture during the design, development and sustainment process
• Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. ELK, Prometheus, Graffana, etc)
Education Requirement: B.S. in a technical Field