- Design and develop a highly scalable API Gateway entry point to microservices for different clients based on functional and non-functional requirements
- Participate in database design and creates solutions to maintain data consistency in a distributed system
- Ensure adherence to software development lifecycle and software best practices
- Implement automated test coverage for your code
- Develop software documentation
- Fix bugs, implement features, and tune applications for performance and scalability
- Be a team player by instilling trust and accountability in your work and day to day activities
- 5+ years as a software engineer in a web or ecommerce-based software product development organization.
- Familiarity with API design principles and hands on experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience with designing, building and deploying applications on AWS
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines supporting Agile methodologies: software design, coding, unit test, integration test, build and release
- Experience with software design patterns including dependency injection, inversion of control, aspect oriented programming, etc.
- Experience with highly scalable database design and implementation with relational and non-relational data stores
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality solutions in a high growth environment where priorities shift rapidly
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask; can set priorities and follow a timeline.
- Eager and adaptable to change. Works with little guidance and direction. Able to navigate complex systems with ease.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills