Position Title – WRTPIASSWEJSUI082017
Sr. Software Engineer – JS UI – Testing FW’s – React/Angular 2+ - API’s – Node.JS - Boston, MA Area - $$ Open
Base + Bonus + Equity + Comprehensive Benefits + Numerous Other Perks
Local Candidates Only - Will consider sponsorship for the right candidate – Requires very strong communication skills
2 Roles Available
A highly successful, private, innovative & fast growing Bioscience Agriculture company focused on delivering innovative products that increase the health & yield of crops in a natural way, helping to better feed the planet.
This person will deliver features while building a component library to maximize code reusability. They will also be architecting the test infrastructure to ensure that things are smooth sailing in production.
They will also be a critical member of a highly efficient and cohesive engineering team that is focused on the customer’s needs and requirements.
· Design the initial testing infrastructure that the team will use to add tests with all new features. This involves choosing the test framework and developing a process that all team members will follow.
· Implement user interfaces that are highly intuitive, reliable and meet the needs of our customers
· Design and build a component library that will be the basis of all user interfaces – both web and mobile
· All mobile and web applications are fully tested, crash-proof and easily monitored with strong report-ability back to firm
Required Skills and Competencies:
· Obsessed with delivering air tight, bug-free software
· Maniacally focused on the end-user and customer and their user experience needs
· Passion for developing customer-delightful and easy-to-use user interfaces, working directly with and demonstrating a deep understanding of the end-user / customer.
· Passion for software development and modern software development practices, including lean and agile
· Egoless and works and interacts well with software engineering, product management, business development and customers
· Passion for firm’s mission and values
· Able to get out in the field and excited to do so
· Great listener and communicator, written and oral
· Technically knowledgeable and not afraid to technically challenge other engineers
· Ability and passion to quickly learn new technologies and industries, staying up-to-date with the latest technology and best practices.
· Results oriented, demonstrating a passion to release software, while not compromising on quality
· 2+ years of building scalable web or hybrid mobile applications using a modern web framework such as React or Angular 2+ (React preferred but not required).
· Intimate knowledge of front-end testing methodologies – unit testing, browser automation (snapshot testing and more advanced techniques a huge plus).
· Knowledge of designing and integrating with REST or GraphQL APIs
· Experience building tooling in Node.js
· Demonstrable experience and knowledge of the differences between web and mobile application development and the tradeoffs of each.
· Experience setting up monitoring solutions to track users and catch issues in Production
· Actively practicing lean / agile software methodologies or similar
· Experience working cross-functionally with Software Product Management, Architecture, User Experience and users to realize application development vision.