At Jornaya, we believe in using innovative technology and data that empowers companies to connect with their customers and prospects at the right time and in the most meaningful way. We take pride in helping our clients understand and apply our solutions and data to improve their digital marketing strategies in new and creative ways. When our clients win, we win.
We are looking for experienced software engineers to join our high performing development organization. As part of our real-time APIs team, you will play a key role in designing, implementing, and maintaining a highly available real-time system which provides customers with calculated data packages and predictive analytics. In addition to working with high availability, low latency distributed systems, you will also have the opportunity to work with a diverse set of languages, frameworks, and AWS services to deliver Machine Learning powered big data solutions. If you have a passion for continuous improvements and all aspects of the SDLC, Jornaya is for you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, improve, and maintain real-time APIs (serverless preferred)
- Collaborate with product, data science, and other functional areas to ensure technical efforts are aligned with business goals
- Optimize queries and transformations for successful data retrieval minimizing processing time on large data sets
- Deploy API & ETL software releases
- Triage and/or analyze data defects and propose solutions to rectify issues
Must Have Qualifications
- Five plus years experience developing API's in Python
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL Database solutions
- Experience Deploying API's at scale (hundreds to thousands of requests per second)
- Code review experience
- Experience with version control like Github or GitLab
Nice to Have Qualifications (if you do not have them, we will teach you!)
- Demonstrable experience utilizing Agile (Scrum/Kanban) practices
- Experience developing applications using AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS & DynamoDB
- Experience with AWS big data services such as EMR, Athena & Redshift
- Experience developing AdTech or MarTech applications and solutions
- You are clever, self-motivated, and not happy unless you are getting things done and seeing how your efforts directly impact your customers.
- You understand the appropriate architectural and design issues involved in building scalable, reliable, high-performing software solutions for web, mobile, and other delivery channels.
- You are excited by the prospect of working in a dynamic, diverse, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical, and ego-free culture and you are excited by the prospect of proactively helping this culture evolve.
- You excel in an environment where your co-workers rely on you to help guide the team to success. You are committed to helping your team be as high performing as possible.
- You will not compromise your belief that software best practices, like TDD, automated testing, and continuous integration are essential to delivering quality software.
- You know that work life balance is important and act accordingly.
- You don't object to writing minimally sufficient documentation or doing whatever else is needed to ensure delivery of a complete product.
Jornaya offers usage of Mac laptops, casual dress, coffee, snacks, and weekly catered lunches. Each employment package includes competitive salary, stock options, 401(k), medical, dental and vision coverage and a flexible vacation policy.
Jornaya is located in Conshohocken, PA. Our office is specially designed to accommodate Agile teams and is within walking distance of the train station and many local restaurants.