We’re growing our technology team and are searching for a Senior Software Engineer to help us modernize our software architecture. When you join us, you’ll use your technical expertise to design, develop, and maintain software components and products that support H&R Block business applications and transform our technology. You’ll serve as the lead role for day-to-day functional tasks in the team, developer support, and maintaining the development environment. Ready to innovate and solve problems in new ways? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Senior Software Engineer…
- Provides technical expertise to design and develop software components and products that support H&R Block business applications.
- Uses tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to develop new product features and maintain year-over-year product functionality and enhancements.
- Creates and executes unit tests and addresses defects. Works closely with the QA, UX and other related teams to ensure consistent understanding of requirements and approach.
- In addition, assists in planning and implementation of a strategic direction for the product.
- Designs, develops and maintains complex software components
- Creates and maintains documentation of design approaches
- Creates and maintains documentation on internal architecture of the system. Provides direction in architectural changes in the system.
- Proposes product design features to support scalability, usability and better performance.
- Leads technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and maintenance work delivered by the development team.
- Understands complex business and functional requirements and provides direction in technical specifications and product requirements.
- Establishes best practices in coding and development within the team. Ensures consistency of the use of best practices within the team.
- Designs and develops reusable code components.
- Creates, maintains and executes complex unit test and alpha test plans
- Maintains and improves current knowledge on the latest technologies relevant to the role regarding algorithms, language, design methodology, third party development tools, application platforms, hardware compatibility and operating systems.
- Mentors and coaches other team members on the latest technological advances within the current technology used.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- 5 years Minimum related work experience
Java, Soap and REST Web Services, Spring Framework, RabbitMQ, Apache Camel, XML/XSD, SQL
It would be even better if you also had...
Microsoft Azure, .NET Core, experience with Agile methodologies and DevOps practices