Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Sr. Software Engineer
Sunbelt is equipped for success so we can make it happen for our customers.
Lead efforts to provide guidance and support Web Technologies, Mobile, IoT, application data, processing, and back-end systems for Sunbelt. Responsible for assisting design, development, and implementation of eCommerce and associated operating systems and databases. Participation in full life-cycle of systems engineering activities of high-quality, scalable solutions.
- Contributes to design sessions with Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts and IT Operations. Reviews existing integration capabilities, data sources, and proposed solution designs for feasibility, cost and functionality
- Provides design vision, leadership, mentorship and advocacy across the organization
- Designs and supports configuration of production, test, and development environments
- Designs and supports test and development environment data refresh schedule
- Provides technical support for the complete Command Center environment, which includes system administration on configuration, sizing and support on implementation changes
- Participates in the planning for implementation of platform and service integrations
- Creates detailed design documents and functional specifications for new applications / services and for enhancements to existing systems / services
- Creates work effort estimates for assigned tasks and support prioritization and release management
- Designs and develops core code modules, unit test tools and release notes for enhancements and bug fixes
- Actively participates in establishment of change management processes, requiring operational procedures be performed with minimal customer impact (i.e. during established maintenance window)
- Works with database administrators to configure, tune and maintain databases
- Documents systems configurations and upgrades
- Designs and implements change control policies and disaster recovery plans
- Monitors and assists in managing applications, device availability, network conditions and system reliability and performance, service and program maintenance and storage resources
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience plus 7+ years of Web technologies, eCommerce, IoT, database and API’s experience in a multi-LPAR environment.
- Proven track record of architecture and delivering large scale IoT infrastructure, preferably in the industrial equipment vertical.
- Hands-on experience with cloud IoT platforms PTC – Thingworx platform or Azure IoT
- DevOps exposure, Agile certification is a plus.
- Excellent communication – written and oral- and presentation skills.
- Strong solutions architecture experience with complex enterprise solutions.
- Knowledge of AWS and Azure cloud architecture, including auto-scaling and global deployments of application architecture
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming, relational databases, complex integration landscapes.
- Deep understanding of Systems integration concepts – Web Service (REST, SOAP), Batch, EDI, API Gateways
- Thorough understanding of front-end technologies (JS frameworks) and headless architecture
- DBMS Skills: RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MSSQL and others) and NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Modeling Skills: Object Oriented Programming modeling skills (MS Visio, UML, SysML and others).
- Experience with ThingWorx 5.0 – 9.x.
- ThingWorx Mashup Development, Design, Implementation, and Styling.
- ThingWorx data modeling (Thing Shapes, Thing Templates, Data Shapes, Service Creation).