Job Summary: See More
Do you thrive on new and exciting mobile technology? Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of an evolution and large-scale digital transformation? As an iOS Software Development Engineer in the Lowe's Digital organization, you will be working in an open engineering culture that fosters collaborative decision making with a global team of passionate and talented mobile software engineers. You will have an opportunity to build best in-class customer mobile experiences; engineering complex, secure and high-quality reliable mobile apps; and holding to the highest standards of code quality and testing seriously. You will be responsible for joining a product team and contributing to the software design, development and overall lifecycle for a native iOS product. If you are our ideal candidate, you will have demonstrated technical and problem-solving skills, a passion for technology, and strong ownership skills.
Your role within the iOS Consumer Mobile Applications Team will include working closely with product management, user experience designers and other software development engineers across our locations in the US and India to deliver best in quality consumer mobile applications
- Translates complex cross-functional business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions; partners with Product Team to understand business needs and functional specifications
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to ensure specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable solution designs; evaluates project deliverables to ensure they meet specifications and architectural standards
- Guides application and software development teams in the design and build of complex solutions and ensures that teams are in alignment with the architecture blueprint, standards, target state architecture, and strategies
- Coordinates, executes, and participates in component integration (CIT) scenarios, systems integration testing (SIT), and user acceptance testing (UAT) to identify application errors and to ensure quality software deployment
- Participates and coaches others in all software development end-to-end product lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of complex company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
- Has solid grasp of software design patterns and approaches; understands application level software architecture; makes technical trade-off decisions at application level
- Automates and simplifies team development, test, and operations processes; develops detailed architecture plans for large scale enterprise architecture projects and drives the plans to fruition
- Solves complex architecture/design and business problems; solutions are extensible; works to simplify, optimize, remove bottlenecks, etc.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to more junior level engineers; may provide feedback and direction on specific engineering tasks
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
- 5 years of experience in software development or a related field
- 4 years of experience in database technologies
- 4 years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
- 5+ years of experience in software development using XCode or relevant experience
- Strong CS/analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about learning, innovation, knowledge sharing, and continuous improvement
- Passionate for shipping consumer facing, high quality, mobile applications
- Should be able to collaborate, work with, and lead global teams
- Experience in software development using Objective-C.
- Ability to work in core frameworks on iOS.
- Core Data
- Auto Layout
- Storyboards for UI Design
- Proficient writing unit tests and UI automation tests using XCTest and XCUITest
- Well versed with the Apple HIG (Human Interface Guidelines)
- Experienced with the XCode build system and deploying apps to the Apple App Store
- Experience using Firebase SDKs
- Experience with third party dependency tools such as CocoaPods and Frameworks
- Able to provide best practices for development, unit testing and acceptance testing
- Experience working in an Agile team environment and willingness to adapt
- Experience with Kotlin, Java, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) a plus
- Experience in designing and providing technical direction to the team via learning sessions and training presentations
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Valid through: 12/11/2021