Sr Software Engineer - Interfaces
A Senior Software Engineer works as part of a team and is responsible for design, development, and testing aspects of software development. Work generally consists of enhancements to products and features with up to a high level of complexity as well as their maintenance. Mentoring other team members is also a key component.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Work as a member of a team using .NET, Java, and/or SQL
- Work with team members in analyzing and designing solutions to problems as well as implementing, testing, and monitoring those solutions.
- Continuous learning of both tried and true as well as new techniques and technologies applicable to software development is expected.
- A deep understanding of some modules owned by the team as well a solid understanding of the application lifecycle is expected.
- Accountability for the success of the value being delivered through continuous improvement is expected.
- Participation in at least one committee is encouraged.
- Participation in Agile guilds is encouraged.
- Attaining a solid knowledge of business is encouraged in order to provide better outcomes.
- A deep understanding of most modules owned by the team as well as their interaction with modules owned by other teams is expected.
- Participation in at least one committee is expected.
- Mentoring other SE's is expected.
- Presenting at lunch and learns or equivalent is required.
- Participation in the interview process is encouraged.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math is highly preferred
- Excellent problem solving and programming skills
- Able to work effectively both independently as well as with a team
- Intermediate level proficiency with the .NET Framework (only for back office development)
- Intermediate level proficiency with Java (only for mobile development)
- Intermediate level proficiency with SQL
- Intermediate level proficiency with SSRS or equivalent (only for reports development)
- Service oriented application development experience is a plus
- Interface systems experience is a plus (only for interfaces)
- Technology certifications are a plus
- 2 to 6years’ experience
On-Going Training Courses Required to be in the Role
- Agile process training
- Technical training available through online resources and / or books
- Attend at least 3 technical lunch & learns or equivalent sessions
- Attend at least 2 general professional development courses from the HCHB Course Catalog or equivalent
- Take Breakaway courses relevant to the team
- Annually attend training or conference on relevant area of technology (virtually or in-person)
- Attend a customer site visit and/or sales call every 2years