Polaris Alpha develops innovative solutions to the most significant challenges affecting our Nation's ability to collect, utilize, and defend digital information. We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we’re successful, and that formula won’t be changing!
Polaris Alpha is conducting a search for a Software Engineer Level III to join our team. Candidate will be working with a team on a suite of capabilitiesdesigned to help solve common problems arising from various analyst offices. Primary focus will be on prototype development. The individual will also work directly with customers to gather requirements and feedback.
• At least 12+ years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, to include least five years of experience in software intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
• At least 4 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
• Strong Java skills required
• Experience developing in Linux environments is required
• Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required
• Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required
• Familiarity with:
o Hadoop / Map Reduce Analytics
• Experience with version control (Git/Subversion)
• Development experience using Spring
• Experience with virtual machine architectures is a plus
• Must be able to work in a team environment
TS/SCI Full Scope Poly required
A Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline may be substituted for four years of general experience.
A Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two years of general experience.