ABOUT TECHNOLOGY AT DSC:
Behind DSC's strong consumer-facing brand and digital products is a lean and mean team of technologists who architect, design, build and operate our high-volume Global Website, award-winning Native Mobile App, RESTful-ish API driven e-commerce platform, expansive Creative Content & MarTech platforms, customer-centric Member engagement tools, Data Science & Machine Learning Lab and the cloud-native Infrastructure that hosts all the magic. Our team also prides itself in delivering best in class technical capabilities across our manufacturing, fulfillment, accounting, marketing, people, legal and business intelligence functions around the world.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
This role is heavy in software and systems engineering. For our fundamental philosophy please see our Medium article on the subject.
- Design and build reference architecture components
- Write k8s-native infrastructure services to speed and stabilize software delivery and stability.
- Write libraries to deliver "free" additions to our common software.
- For example, monitoring and logging built-ins, RPC wrapping and stats display within running binaries.
- Define, design, and build shared infrastructure services.
- For example, Kafka, k8s clusters, service discovery and internal load balancing.
- Write documentation, tutorials and blog posts (both public and internal).
- Develop OSS to help define DSC's technical brand to the open source community
- All systems should be designed at with open source in mind (within reason)
- Contribute to DSC's OSS products
- Using Go to write great software with unit tests, mocks, documentation, monitoring, and alerting … you know, software engineering ;)
- Working with SRE and developers Identifying development process bottlenecks and opportunities for continuous improvement of our software delivery and deployment systems
- Mentoring the SRE and Developer teams on modern best practices in Software Development and help to hold the Infrastructure Software Engineering team accountable for following them
- Systems dependency graphing and tracking
- SLA driven production troubleshooting
- 24/7 oncall for infrastructure services
- Current and deep knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure technologies
- 5+ years of Linux systems experience
- Experience with Go (Golang), Python or C/C++
- Experience with Continuous Delivery practices
- Experience with Site Reliability Engineering principles
- Current and deep practical experience with Docker & Kubernetes
- 5+ years of strong software engineering skills and experience
- Edge security experience is a plus
- Deep knowledge of AWS is a plus
- Data infrastructure patterns is a plus.