This is a fast paced, high-visibility position with Sony Interactive Entertainment Data Platform Engineering organization helping to establish a scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, globally distributed data platform. This next generation platform will support the global, fast growing SIE customer base, world-class PlayStation consoles, hand-held devices, PlayStation TV, and network entertainment services such as PlayStation Now and PlayStation TV. This key role will own the technology transformation of the data platform supporting existing and new services enabling dramatic customer growth on the platform.
- The individual will develop and lead implementation of rigorous standard methodologies for test driven development, continuous build and deploy, automated testing, and improving the quality of our ecommerce, media, and entertainment platform. You will also establish and influence quality engineering standard methodologies across the development community. The position requires partnering across Product Management, Architects, Engineering, Hosting and Operations. Position requires extensive hands-on technical expertise coupled with creativity, ecommerce platform domain expertise, associated technology product knowledge, broad industry knowledge and excellent interpersonal skills.
- You are expected to work with distributed teams to engage early and provide continuous delivery of high quality software products that delight Sony customers. Seeking a results oriented individual with a passion to deliver quality next generation global media and collection of entertainment services to our growing customer base.
- Performs a key role in the evolution of the quality strategy, applying industry standard software quality best practices and implementation to enable highly available, active-active, extensible services for the SIE platform.
- Provides quality standards and guidelines for test driven development, continuous integration, deployment, operations and maintenance of service solutions.
- Designs and builds a scalable test framework for functional, integration, regression and performance testing.
- Ensures end-to-end quality, working closely with engineering, product management and operations.
- Works with the product owners and other team members across the enterprise to drive quality initiatives.
- Participates in product roadmap discussions and identify key areas for improvement in the product and incorporates these goals into ongoing & future development initiatives.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience with Java, J2EE technologies, test planning and test case design
- Experience with building test automation frameworks (Java, TestNG, Junit), code coverage tools (SonarQube, Clover, Karma)
- Experience with build automation and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Maven, Chef or Puppet).
- Experience with Behavior-Driven Development (Cucumber / Gherkin)
- Strong knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL, relational database concepts. NoSQL experience a plus
- Experience with ecommerce systems is required
- In depth knowledge of event-driven and service-oriented architecture
- Strong ability to debug/root cause issues independently
- Recognized by your peers as having passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members and being customer focused