As a Senior Software Engineer in Test for Dolby, you will design, specify, craft and maintain test environments as well as design, write, execute, manage test sets and communicate the health of the project. You will be a critical member of a team that delivers extraordinary experiences to the world with next generation Dolby technologies.
- Conduct early project scoping, collaborating with research, marketing, and development partners.
- Set project timeframes and priorities
- Review proposed technologies, testability and test strategies.
- Apply knowledge and understanding of customer requirements.
- Independent test strategy planning, automated framework and test design, and execution.
- Resource estimation, effort distribution, progress tracking, risk assessment, and metrics reporting.
- Design, setup, configure and maintain software testing labs and environments.
- Utilize and adapt existing test automation tools, create new test tools when required.
- Report issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with the engineering team to help isolate, debug, and resolve issues/bugs.
- Manage continuous integration.
- Anticipate and mitigate test and project issues.
- Coach and develop junior engineers.
- Stay on top of current industry software testing tools and methodologies and make substantial contributions to the development and deployment of new test technologies, tools or methods.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or Electronics Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in software testing, including creating and implementing comprehensive test plans.
- Professional experience with test automation, scripting and programming in Python, Pytest, C/C++, Linux, and BASH.
- Experience testing in multiple software environments like Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with current software testing industry tools and standard methodologies.
- Experience with cloud computing, AWS, Docker, Microservices. Setting up automatic jobs and configuring applications.
- Familiarity with standard bug reporting tools such as Jira, Bugzilla, or ClearQuest.
- Achieve results, meet deadlines, and adjust to quickly changing priorities in a dynamic engineering environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development.
- Experience testing Dolby or similar products in the audio domain is a significant plus.