andidate will be an integral part of the Software team as a development, integration and test engineer. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining, debugging and fixing problems with the SW application, as well as supporting integration efforts. The SW application is built on an IBM ClearCase environment, specifically using a Linux/UNIX (Redhat, HPUX and IBM) platform, utilizing mainly C++ programming languages. The candidate shall also be able to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems, with solutions that are imaginative, thorough, and practicable, and consistent with organization objectives, work under only general direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions. Ability to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance is required
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, debugging and fixing problems with the software applications, as well as supporting software integration and verification efforts. Our software applications, implement time critical control functions, involved in direct control of sensor systems, are developed using C++ programming languages running Linux or UNIX operating systems on a variety of computing platforms. This position will also include working closely with Software Architects and Principal Systems, Hardware, and Software engineers to interpret requirements and correctly implement these requirements in software. There are travel opportunities available to support the software/system integration at various sites.
These position can be a salary grade G09 or G10 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- 6+years’experienceon all phases of Software Engineering including
- 5+ yearModeling & Simulation Object Oriented C/C++
- 4 year Linux or UNIX experience
- Experience developing software in a team based development environment, preferably Agile/SCRUM
- Broad real-time, multi-threaded software development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Existing secret clearance, or ability to obtain an interim clearance within 30 days and full clearance thereafter
- Experience in Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing and continuous integration
- 3+ yearexperience in functional or program leadership role
- Cost Account Manager or EVMSexperience
- Software development experience in a DoD environment
- Strong problem solving ability
- Self-starter and ability to lead development, integration and test activities
- Familiarity with the following Software Tools: Rational Rhapsody, ClearCase and Team Concert, Jenkins, DOORS, Matlab, Qt/Qwt
- Experience in Realtime Embedded System Development, Realtime Corba, Virtualization & Virtual Machines (VMWare)
- Experience in Modeling & Simulation or Integrated Training Environment skills
- Experience with Integrated Training Environments (ITE) and embedded training simulators
- Simulation Interoperability Standards Organization (SISO) High Level Architecture (HLA) and/or Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS) Simulation Development Experience
- Familiarity with Department of Defense (DoD) Distributed Synthetic Scenario Generation Systems, such as VT MAK VR-Forces, JSAF or OneSAF
- Virtual Simulation Graphical User Interface (GUI) Development, including OpenGL 2D/3D Graphical Applications, OpenSceneGraph, OpenFlight, VT MAK VR-Vantage, Presagis VegaPrime
- C/C++ and/or MATLAB Simulink Modeling, Simulation and Algorithm Development of Weapons, Sensors and Communications Systems
- Navy Continuous Training Environment (NCTE), Battle Force Tactical Trainer (BFTT), Advanced Training Domain (ATD) or Distributed Integration & Interoperability Assessment Capability (DIIAC) Experience
- Experience with current U.S. Navy air and surface warfare tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) training systems
- Experience planning and conducting shipboard-level operations and maintenance training on U.S. Navy systems
- Ability to troubleshoot integrated training systems via analysis of GUI output and system logs, including the ability to work with SMEs to resolve training system issues
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or other STEM fields
Required Education (including Major):
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or other STEM field.
KEYWORDS: C++, Linux, UNIX, OOD, real-time software development, Agile, Scrum, Simulation software
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.