Honeywell Intelligrated is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join its growing team in Owings Mills, MD! Be part of a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex software functions within Honeywell Intelligrated. You will use your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. You will also generate innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities.
Identify and propose technical improvements using your software engineering knowledge and principals
Accelerate innovation and growth, teaming with the world's most talented engineers
We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Honeywell Intelligrated is the opportunity you've been looking for!
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience in Unit Testing
- Ability to effectively work with customers
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies
- Professional experience in .NET, C# and SQL Programming
- Ability to translate functional requirements into an application design
- Experience with Near Real Time Processing
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and engineering resources
- Minimum fifteen (15) years relevant experience
- Minimum five (5) years recent professional experience with Visual Studio
- Understanding of in-depth OS architecture, at least Microsoft Windows
- Solid analytical skills; ability to diagnose and debug software
- Ability to foster a team environment
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Understanding various software development life cycles
- Some relevant experienceworking with external customers
- Experience with MS SQL and creating stored procedures
- Professional experienceworking with multiple languages, prefer at least C/C++
- Experience with development of services, in particular Windows native services
- Knowledge of software configuration management and change management practices, TFS experiencepreferred
- Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
- Effective communicator
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
- Can quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts.
- Some experience with estimating development resources preferred
Software architecture and codingRequirements and designAnalytical skills & software development skillsAbility to code in multiple languagesCustomer Support
- 1st Shift
- Continued Professional Development