G2 is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than five million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. G2 features over 1 million authentic customer reviews, has built a global team of nearly 400 talented, motivated professionals, and has raised $100M in total funding from some of the world’s leading investors including IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and its founders.
About the Role
G2 is looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing team! You will be responsible for helping develop solutions with a strong emphasis on front end code design and quality. We enjoy quarterly weeks of creativity where engineers work to solve problems they see our customers have. If you wish to join a talented passionate team whose kindness and authenticity will help you grow then apply so we can start our conversation today!
- Build and maintain a high quality, stable, and well tested web application
- Apply database skills against a large and rapidly growing dataset
- Use patterns of code decomposition to break down tasks into deliverable solutions
- Work in close coordination with designers, product managers, developers, and business stakeholders
- Track metrics and measurements alongside core features to help make informed business decisions
- Works with developers to help understand complex topics and architecture, and provide problem-solving strategies and learning opportunities
- Ensure quality releases by writing tests covering unit, integration and functional requirements
- Follow agile best practices to design, architect, develop and test features
- 4+ years of programming experience, ideally in a web environment
- Experience working in high performing, agile environment
- Has a deep understanding of software architectures and how they are applied in context, best practices in more than one language.
- Opinionated about how applications should be built, based on your experience getting things done
- Ability to be productive on a rapidly growing team
- Eagerness to take on responsibility and excels under pressure
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a completed Bootcamp
- Hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails or React
- Experience building large scale web applications