As a Senior Software Engineer at PeopleConnect, you will help design, develop and deliver next-generation technologies within our Application Framework team. This team is in process of replacing on prem services with new, modern cloud services focused on fault tolerance, security and performance. The software tools and cloud platform here will mainly be Java/AWS.
Our teams are built with passionate engineers who love to code and build great products. Engineers who are highly motivated, detail-oriented and bring new ideas in all facets of software development to continually improve products and features. Our technology leaders take ownership of their areas of focus and are driven to empower their teams to collaboratively solve problems at every level.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to take on challenges related to framework development, prototyping, and evaluation of newer technologies to support applications across PeopleConnect properties, including classmates.com and Intelius.com. We are full-stride in a multi-year mission to modernize our tech stack and move all of our systems to the cloud. You'll fit right in if you're at home in an agile environment and believe continual improvement is a way of life. Here, you'll find a collaborative and empowered team and casual work environment in a great downtown location.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and technical vision related to core development
- Full SDLC responsibilities for design and development of reusable application development frameworks
- Analyze and recommend the right technologies to build technical solutions that meet business needs
- Object-oriented programming and design including API and database design
- Working in an agile team, performing code and design reviews
- Deliver on time with high quality; advocate for TDD best practices
- Follow and encourage best practices
- Shared ownership of both live operations and business results
- 5+ years' experience developing and supporting software in a high load Unix environment including performance testing
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills and a track record of delivery.
- Leadership, critical thinking and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in troubleshooting complex and distributed systems
- Experience working in Cloud, Agile, CI/CD, DevOps environments a plus
- Experience with container runtime and management software like Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, a plus
- Languages / Frameworks
- 5+ years' experience/expert level understanding and implementation of Java.
- 5+ years of commercial web application development using Spring for IOC and web presentation
- 3+ years' experience/expert level SQL with Postgres, Oracle or MySQL
- 5+ years' experience with build and deployment tools such as Maven, Jenkins, Gitlab, Bamboo, etc.
- Experience with system monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Dynatrace, Datadog, etc.
- 3+ years' experience/advanced level RESTful API development experience
- 5+ years' experience with test-driven development using Junit, Spring TestContext Framework, and mocking frameworks such as Mockito, Jmock, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience.