Rockwell Collins Flight Management Systems (FMS) is currently seeking a talented software engineer to help with design, development, debug and test of industry-leading real time embedded FMS applications.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Flight Management Systems organization, you will be responsible for working with other software and systems engineers to develop and maintain software applications used on Business & Regional and Air Transport aircraft. Opportunities in FMS include working on applications for Flight Planning, Performance Calculations, Graphical User Interface, Navigation, Data Link, and more.
* Expand FMS product domain knowledge including processes and tools
* Contribute to software engineering activities of moderate complexity including: requirements capture; designing coding and testing changes; integration of changes within a system (including working with cross-functional teams); preparation of software builds for test execution; support formal verification activities.
* Taking technical ownership of assigned areas
* Proactively identifying and communicating technical software issues and help resolve these issues. Ensure these issues are elevated to project leadership for resolution.
* Ensuring the project’s defined software process for development verification and configuration management is followed and that they comply with the recommendations of RTCA DO 178B.
* May lead software team in a Project Engineering role for low to moderate complex software. Including contributing to engineering estimates, Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) and Bid Proposals.
This position requires experience in the software engineering tasks including software requirements and architecture development, software design and implementation, function and integration testing and software delivery support. Responsibilities also include technical coordination with both internal and external customers.
*Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Proficient skills in embedded software engineering processes and methodologies
* Demonstrated experience writing software requirements
* Ability to quickly acquire technical domain knowledge and contribute to the design of sophisticated architectural systems
* The candidate should be highly motivated, a self-starter, able to think big, take action and help others succeed.
* Excellent communications skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
Additional skills desired:
* Demonstrated experience in Avionics Development & Certification to DO-178B
* Familiar with Agile methods
* Passion to work in aviation industry
Job ID: 8202