We are currently looking for a Sr. Software Engineer, Embedded Systems to join our teams in Plantation, FL!
- As a member of a collaborative development team, the Senior Software Engineer will be instrumental in the design and refactoring of an embedded cryptographic software baseline onto a platform containing new systems, hardware, software, and security architectures for a next generation product offering. A primary objective is to transition the embedded application to new platforms, improve the maintainability and forward engineering capabilities of the product family, and to feature the product in support of product roadmaps and high-profile customer requests.
- As an original equipment manufacturer, the Senior Software Engineer will work closely with systems, hardware, software, security, and test engineers to ensure timely delivery of quality products. The Senior Software Engineer will also work closely with product and program managers, customers, and 3rd parties as necessary to support the products throughout the lifecycle.
- Software engineering principles and best practices across all phases of commercial development and engineering product release practices
- Understanding of and awareness to keep abreast of emerging software technologies and methodologies for/and complimenting embedded systems
- Debugging and resolving complex problems in multi-threaded and concurrent applications
- Leading and contributing to product requirement and design reviews
- Communicating task and project status to the team and engineering management
- Time management for ensuring project goals are met on time and within budget
- Accurately breaking down, estimating, and scheduling software tasks
- Formal software configuration management & control tools
- Ensuring compliance to company formal quality system
Required Skills and Experience:
- Senior level, experienced engineer, with 5-8 years of related software engineering experience
- 5-8 years working experience in C, C++, Linux operating systems
- 5-8 years’ experience with embedded systems, micro-controllers, implementing and maintaining secure bootloaders
- Experience working with Linux device drivers, platform bring up, and real time operating systems
- Knowledge of security protocols and authentication mechanisms.