We are looking for someone who can grow with the organization as a core member of the software team, develop reliable, well-tested, and modern embedded software, and strikes a healthy balance of flexibility without unnecessary complexity.
- Develop performant and reliable embedded software that will power hardware that accomplishes key scientific tasks
- Lead a team of software engineers developing both embedded software and host-side drivers, participating in system level engineering discussions and planning and helping develop the skills of other engineers
- Take part in agile project management in an open-source environment.
- Take primary responsibility for embedded software for microcontrollers in thermal management and motion control applications
- Review code contributions from members both of the team and the open-source community, and assist other developers in refining features and fixes.
- Help solve tricky bugs when customer support teammates need assistance.
- 5+ years experience of writing C and C++ code for embedded applications
- Strong software engineering skills and fundamentals.
- Excitement to work in a multi-disciplinary team and with scientists around the world.
- Experience using modern C++ and C and developing and managing tooling and automation
- At least one year of experience as a lead engineer for an embedded project
- Interest in biotech and an eagerness to learn.
- Experience writing Python software that integrates with embedded devices
- Experience working with factory QC, compliance, and internal reliability and conformance testing efforts