The Tech Insurance team is responsible for numerous critical proprietary and vendor-supported applications, used daily by our home office associates and over 14,000 branch teams in the US and Canada to trade, support, and process Insurance and Annuity products at Edward Jones.We are looking for an energetic, analytical, technically proficient, and communicative individual to work with an agile team in delivering delightful experiences to our clients, branches, and home office users.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as a senior full stack developer with emphasis on Java
- Work with additional open systems tech such as Kafka, MongoDB, Oracle DB, Spring Batch, Linux shell/bash scripting
- Translate business requirements into system design, work directly with business analysts on requirements, prepare detailed technical specifications, and provide story point estimates
- Perform tech lead role under minimal direction to design, code, test, debug, and maintain programs
- Provide system support, including on-call rotation, troubleshoot, and resolve complex system issues
- Provide guidance, training and mentorship to other junior associates, including performing code peer reviews, suggesting best practices and following SDLC processes
The Ideal Candidate is:
- Experienced in web application development and support, minimum 5 years
- Experience with Kafka or MongoDB is a huge plus
- A continuous learner, forward-thinking, open to new processes and technologies.
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD, or Agile practices is beneficial
- Someone who shows initiative but appreciates a supportive team willing to help
- Someone who likes challenges, gets things done, and keeps commitments
- Willing to learn new skills outside of the traditional web space as needed, such as Linux or mainframe
- Someone who wants a flexible work-life balance with focus on quality results rather than time spent in a chair
- Position RequirementsBachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related technical field, or equivalent experience in information systems
- 5+ years in web development and support for web environments
- Experience with database management systems, such as Oracle, DB2, or NoSQL (MongoDB) is required
- Experience with open system development, such as Linux, bash/shell scripting, Java, and/or PuTTY is not required but is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technical concepts in business terms
- Excellent relationship management, organizational, communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in both a team environment and as an individual contributor.
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team’s ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.