ABOUT ROLE As a Software Engineer on our Product Platform team, you will contribute to the design and development of a modern, high-quality, product development infrastructure that powers our real-time communication products, (GoToMeeting®, GoToWebinar®, GoToTraining®). RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain Linux-based Servers that enable a highly scalable, and fault tolerant, real-time distributed system.
- Develop and maintain cross-platform libraries that provide session, scheduling and IO functionality for high throughput, low latency, and bandwidth adaptive applications.
- Debug, troubleshoot and support Platform libraries and various servers
- Develop and maintain robust automated build and testing environments
- Work on a highly Agile development team, as well as cross-functionally with other Platform and Application teams
- 3+ years of work experience in Object Oriented Programming in C++
- Cross-functional attributes – able to hold technical discussions and collaborating across multiple teams
- Domain, subject-matter expert
- Vast knowledge of distributed systems, network programming, automated testing
- Experience with one or more scriptinglanguages, (e.g. Ruby, Perl, etc.) to write deployment scripts
- Advanced knowledge of socket programming on Linux
- Good understanding of OS concepts and network protocols such as TCP/IP
- Experience implementing, unit testing, debugging and integrating code of medium complexity
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, ElectricalEngineer or equivalent work experience
KEYWORDS: C++, software, develop*, linux, platform, “distributed systems”