Sr. Software Engineer/Developer
Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
We continue to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities, as a result, we have exciting opportunities for a Sr. Software Engineer to join our Software Development Tools team in Plano,TX or Rockleigh, NJ 07647.
- As a senior member on the system team, you will be responsible for driving the existing product into the next generation of design.
- Design, code, and test software comprising the programming environments and configuration tools for Crestron equipment.
- Review project requirements. Suggest and prototype new features and changes to existing features.
- Work collaboratively with other developers within our team or across other teams, verification engineering teams and field support engineers to debug software problems and customer issues.
- Work with project managers and team leads to estimate, schedule, and prioritize development activities.
- Write specifications for development work.
- Develop and document designs for implementation.
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Area of study such as: Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in Windows applications using C#.NET is required
- Experience developing a multi-threaded Windows thick-client application is required
- Experience developing commercial software, proficient in developing multi-tier solutions is required
- Knowledge with object oriented design, patterns, and development
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills, ability to gather and understand requirements is required
- Strong debugging and diagnostic skills is required
- Demonstrable knowledge of software development processes and coding techniques is essential
- Ability to prioritize competing projects and deliver with confidence in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Experience working with devices, firmware, or communication protocols is a plus
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in MS Office is preferred
- Job ID 2018-5263