We're seeking a talented and highly motivated software engineer to help us develop a scalable, high-performance, cloud-based platform for large-scale data storage and processing. Solve interesting technical challenges in the areas of distributed high-performance computing for a high-available cloud environment.
Candidate is hands-on and passionate about exploiting multiple languages and programming techniques across products, frameworks and API layers ‘using the right tool for the right job’ to address sustainable Big Data, Search and Visualization platforms and solutions.
- Responsible for building scalable web services using open source technologies.
- Analyze and improve scalability of data collection, storage processes, and web services.
- Implement and establish development practices, framework standards and adoption of these standards.
- Establish and maintain Continuous Deployment methodologies including working with SQA teams to enforce unit and automated testing
- Develop required tools to automate management of all facets of data operations.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong proficiency applying REST-based API frameworks to large scale, distributed high traffic web services.
- Experience with Amazon AWS Cloud services
- Programming skills: Python and SQL
- Experience in AgileSCRUMproject management methodologies.
- Prefer to work in a nimble and dynamic environment with strong emphasis on ownership and responsibility.
- Ability and passion to pick up new technologies and stay on the leading edge of full-stack development.
Education and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of programming experience
- Experience with Pyramid, Django, Flask, nginx, and uWSGI skills
- Programming experience with Scala
- Full stack experience a plus
- Experience with Docker and Terraform
- Comfortable developing in Linux environment
- Git source control
- Strong communication and organizational skills.