SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it!
Data Engineers at Pandora are responsible for the services and infrastructure that enable and accelerate the Science organization. Data Science engineers collaborate on projects with Scientists to build common tools that enable re-use of algorithms, models and insights across the Science organization. You should have a solid understanding of Java, Scala and Python software development, and take personal responsibility for testing the code you write. You should have strong academic credentials and a degree in Computer Science or a related field. You should be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills. You must be capable of managing your time well and working collaboratively. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
- 5+ years experience developing back-end server software, preferably in Java, Scala and/or Python
- Experience with data warehouse technologies: MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, Tez, Spark, Sqoop
- Experience with streaming technologies - Kafka, Kafka Connect, KStreams, KSQL, Beam, Flink, Spark
- Experience with cloud computing - Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services
- Experience developing for Linux-based deployment platforms, developing scalable, multithreaded server-side software for deployment
- Experience developing service-oriented architectures/orchestration
- Experience with API design/development – RPC, REST, JSON
- Experience with unit and integration testing frameworks
- BS/MS or above in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience building AB Platforms
- Experience developing and deploying machine learning algorithms
- Experience with Machine Learning Frameworks - Tensorflow, Keras, Scikit, Spark ML
- Experience developing with additional languages - R, Scala
- Experience developing SQL applications of significant complexity
- Experience with workflow tools – Airflow, Composer
- Experience with full stack development – React, SpringBoot, Django
- Experience with data serialization system - Avro, Protobuf
- Experience with automated deployment procedures using dev-ops tooling - Ansible, Terraform
“We're considering candidates for multiple positions and levels. Successful candidates will be placed at an appropriate level depending on their qualifications or experience.”
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.