About the Job
The Data Foundation team manages the ingest of our real-time ad activity streams (billions of events per day) as well as curating petabytes of data for our Data Science and Application Engineering teams. This data powers our current and all future products.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing and building the next generation of our data platform and data collective
- Support our existing platform - ingest, curation and export of data assets - and identify areas for improvement in stability, resiliency, scale or speed
- Partner with QA automation engineering to validate data pipelines and complex analytical automation
- Troubleshoot systemic issues and lead improvements
- Working with a team of outstanding software engineers and data scientists, covering a wide range of experience and perspectives at massive scale.
- Breaking down a full project plan in to incremental deliveries, and tracking your work against those steps
- Learning new tech and new ways to apply what you already know
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You understand that making software do the right thing is only part of the battle - you also must think about what can cause your software to fail. You’re comfortable working with a wide variety of people, and respect the perspectives of those that disagree with you. Above all, you love learning, and sharing what you know.
The successful candidate will have:
- Software engineering experience and a passion for learning and teaching
- Understanding of big data and distributed computing at scale
- Experience with cloud data processing tools in the AWS ecosystem: think EMR, Spark, Hive, kinesis, etc.
- Strong java/scala and Object-Oriented skills
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Desire for professional growth opportunities and to be in a dynamic learning environment
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results