Position Title – WRTPIASSWEDA082017
Sr. Software Engineer – Data & Analytics - SQL/NoSQL – API’s – Java - Python – AWS - Boston, MA Area - $$ Open
Base + Bonus + Equity + Comprehensive Benefits + Numerous Other Perks
Local Candidates Only - Will consider sponsorship for the right candidate – Requires very strong communication skills
2 Roles Available
A highly successful, private, innovative & fast growing Bioscience Agriculture company focused on delivering innovative products that increase the health & yield of crops in a natural way, helping to better feed the planet.
The Data Engineer is a self-directed person passionate about database design performance at scale.
This person can identify and working with data across a variety of formats and making the data available to an equally varied set of customers, from data scientists to web-based applications through APIs.
They fundamentally understand big data ingestion techniques and the engineering necessary to push those frameworks to do more. This person is comfortable working with, deploying, and managing big data solutions using cloud based technologies.
· Collaborate with Data Management to provide tools and processes to validate and repair data
· Delights users, across the organization by ensuring access to data that is necessary for those users to make informed decisions
· Identify critical gaps and builds ETL processes
· Domain expert in stored data and use cases
· Implement / Design IoT Schema and Data Ingestion (w/ tests)
· Finalize v1.x design and implementation for all R&D data
Required Skills and Competencies:
· Experience designing schemas (DDL)
· Experience architecting database topologies across a wide array of formats
· Comfortable working with complex schemas and managing views into data
· Knowledge of why/when to use no-sql, columnar, data sharding solutions
· Experience with RDBMS (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, Oracle)
· Working knowledge of at least one NoSQL database
· Knowledgeable of in-memory database solutions
· Experience in Restful API design
· Experience in Java / Python programming languages
· Experience writing high-performance data queries and associated database designs
· Experience with data quality and ability to test that processes are correct
· Experience w/ benchmarking and performance tuning data solutions
· Knowledge of AWS data solutions (Spark / EMR / RedShift / Aurora / Athena)
· Bachelor’s degreerequired, Master’s degreepreferred
· 7+ years of experience