Summary:The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for developing customer software solutions based on NextGear Capital’s business initiatives. As a software developer, you will be working in our agile software development environment as a part of a scrum team dedicated to creating user friendly and highly functional web based applications.
This role will sit on site at NextGear Capital’s location in Carmel, Indiana in one of our 5 agile rooms, designed to create a collaborative work environment for software development teams.
- Develop custom software applications to support NextGear’s business initiatives by collaborating with your agile team to develop software that helps the organization perform more efficiently and profitably.
- Participate in cross-team Communities of Practice (CoP’s) to leverage shared knowledge and interest across product teams.
- Work closely with Product, User Experience (UX), and design teams, as well as other software developers.
- Participate in pair programming with otherdevelopers, sharing technical and business domain knowledge.
- Contribute back to the open source community where appropriate, and assist with maintaining NextGear’s contributions to Open Source, and to the Indianapolis developer community.
Technology We Use:
- Java and Spring Framework or a similar modern development language and framework
- Rust, Python, Scala, Clojure
- MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- 5+ years web development experience.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to think strategically and work independently.
What We Look For:
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Ability to learn, use, implement, and integrate leading technologies.
- Able to work independently, self-motivated, and a strong team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of the organization
Job Number 1718312