Are you passionate about automation? Do you like planting the seeds of DevOps in an organization and watching the organization benefit and grow from your ideas? Release Engineering is a team that helps other teams automate deploys. We’re experts in AWS and use cutting edge tools developed in-house and open source software. We enable teams to deploy faster with zero downtime. We’re seeking a Senior Software Engineer to bring fresh ideas and technologies to our team.
- Design and author tools that reliably and efficiently manage application delivery
- Define requirements, functional specifications, and deliverables
- Create automated delivery pipelines for deployment of internal and third-party services
- Lead teams toward continuous deployment including automated configuration and testing
- Provide consulting expertise in AWS, cloud design, and operations
- Actively participate in the engineering community, staying up-to-date on new technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
- Work with highly skilled engineers to ensure best practices and improve predictable, reliable releases through continuous testing and continuous deployment
- Identify new technologies that can improve our area of responsibility, design and conduct proofs-of-concept, and communicate results throughout the organization.
- Provide ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of production systems
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 5+ years of software development experience with a modernlanguage (we mainly use Ruby, Groovy and Python, with some Go and Java)
- Working experience in release engineering / automation with cloud environments
- Working experience with security and network / distributed computing concepts