As a Senior Software Engineer for the Connected Devices, Native Client Platform Core team, you will help us push the boundaries of what is possible on some of the most interesting 10-foot devices in the marketplace. You'll be part of the team responsible for our new platform designed to broaden the reach of our applications to new hardware, devices, and markets.
We're looking for an engineer who's proficient at C/C++ and is excited about the prospect of helping optimize and port our 3D engine based platform to new devices and platforms. If you're a fan of writing code for 3D graphics and game engines, and enjoy the challenge of digging into the depths of the rendering pipeline, this role is for you.
This opening is for senior engineers with 3D graphics development and rendering pipeline experience. Whether you're in New York or California we provide opportunities to elevate your career and to transform an industry.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
- To work on a bleeding edge technology stack
- To work with a world-class team of Engineers
- To work on award-winning, complex apps and systems
- To work in a highly collaborative team environment
- To have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
Be a critical member of a team of engineers responsible for building our native client platform and ensuring it runs on multiple hardware platforms and devices.
- Port the 3D graphics engine to multiple platforms and write platform specific code to ensure rendering happens correctly on device.
- Optimize our rendering pipeline for both high-end game hardware and low-end set-top boxes
- Collaborate with client application development teams, services engineering teams and product to help understand and explain device limitations and requirements.
- Excellent understanding of software design principles
- Solid analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Senior level candidates will have experience mentoring junior level team members.
- Excellent math skills, especially related to 3D space
- 3 - 5 years of C/C++ experience on embedded system or writing portable mulit-platform code
- Experienced with OpenGL, OpenGL ES, GLSL and other graphics APIs
- Proficient with modern GPU architecture and render pipelines
- Expertise with various aspects of 3D rendering: shader programming, animation, skinning, lighting, effects, particle systems
- Understanding of memory management, threading, and runtime optimization
- Experience with CPU & GPU profilers and performance analysis
- Experience with data-driven architectures
- Game console programming experience (or other fixed resource systems such as set-top boxes)
- Proficient with Modern C++ (11/14/17)
- Experienced with console graphics libraries (e.g. Xbox, PlayStation and Switch)
About Disney Streaming Services:
- Visual Studio
- 1st-Party Tool Chains & Debuggers
- Github Enterprise
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world's most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC , which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services .
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.